Last Updated: JUNE 1ST, 2015
WHAT WE COLLECT
We gather data about our users in a variety of ways:
Information You Give Us. If you choose to provide, we will collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
PLEASE DO NOT DIGITALLY SEND SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, DATE OF BIRTH, DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBER OR INFORMATION ABOUT ANY FINANCIAL INSTITUTION.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources (such as in the case of attorney referrals), which we may add to information gathered from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. Our servers automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, servers log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- to link or combine user information with other personal information;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share any of your personal information with any third party, except:
- with your consent,
- as required by law, or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Protectus Law PLLC. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our members, our clients, or any person.
- We may share information with outside attorneys with whom we work in order to provide legal services.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our members, our clients, or any person.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails will give you an option to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information, below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Protectus Law PLLC
1025 Connecticut Ave, N.W., Ste. 1000
Washington, DC 20036